At Neevo, we care deeply about the security of your account and personal data. We work tirelessly to provide you an amazing experience while working with us, and above all, to feel safe regarding the protection of your data.
However, there are also some steps that you should take to secure your Neevo account further. Here are our top recommendations:
To keep your password secure we recommend:
- Use a long password that:
- Have a minimum length of 10 to 12 characters.
- Include any combination of letters (upper and lower-case), numbers or any other special characters.
- It's not easily guessed, such as "password" or "12345", or your personal information (name, birthday, address).
If you're curious you can validate the security of an example password here (do not use your real passwords). Always generate a new random password using a secure password manager.
- Instead, you can opt to use a passphrase:
- A passphrase is considerably longer than a password but easier to memorize and use.
- You should use 4 to 5 words at least to be safe.
- Include any combination of letters (upper and lower-case), numbers and preferably at least one punctuation character.
- Don't choose from the most common words, quotes or sayings that are easily guessed, or anything that could be derived from your personal information. The words should be as random as possible.
You can generate example passphrases using this site. Always generate new random passphrases using a secure password manager.
- Use unique passwords/passphrases between different online services. This way, if one service becomes compromised, all your other service accounts are safe.
- Always store your passwords securely:
- Prefer to use a password manager to protect your passwords. A password manager allows you to store, handle and generate passwords in a secure way, making it easier to track unique passwords. Here's a good overview of the best password managers available out there (free and paid).
System & Software Security
- As a best practice for online security, always keep your operating system, applications and web browsers updated with the latest software versions. Whenever possible, also enable the automatic updates to help ensure you have the latest updates and protections installed. Keeping software updated helps ensure the software has the latest security patches, preventing known vulnerabilities from being exploited by hackers.
- Install reputable anti-virus and anti-malware software to protect your system and keep it always up to date.
- Avoid at all costs logging in your Neevo account using a public device or a device that you don't own. In these situations, it becomes very difficult or even impossible to guarantee the security of these devices, putting your account at risk.
- If you still need to use your account on these devices, never forget to log out after using Neevo to prevent others from gaining access to your account.
- Routinely verify if any of your online service accounts has been compromised. Services like havibeenpwned will also allow you to register your e-mail address to receive future notifications as soon as an online service account associated to your e-mail address appears on a new data breach, thus allowing you to act quicker.
- If you believe your Neevo account has been compromised, we made it very easy for you to change or reset your password.
- If your account has been compromised and you need help from us please contact us at: [email protected]